Microbit Adventure Camp (Age 8-11)
BBC micro:bit leads kids to a new level of creativity
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
(Micro:bit Block Programming)
BBC Micro:bit is a programmable circuit board introduced to millions of UK students for their design and tech classes. We are introducing micro:bit curriculum to students with the vision to help improve kids' science and technology learning.
What will you learn in this camp?
Solve real life problems with coding using micro:bit
- Learn the basic coding wth BBC Micro:bit computer board
- Program with built-in sensors to interact with real life environment
Fun way to learn coding and build your own inventions
- Develop your design and technology skills.
- Design, Code and Build your own inventions.
- You may use hot glue guns to build your own cool gadget
Developed Your Soft skills
- Teach Soft skills like idea generation to hard skills like hardware/software implementation.
- Improve problem solving skills with Computational Thinking
- Present your ideas and build prototypes!
Level1: Micro:bit Basics
Section 1: Introduction to BBC Micro:bit
Section 2: Coding Real Life Application with different sensors
Section 3: Knowing Acceleration!
Section 4: What are 2D Coordinates?
Session 5: Code and Make Sound
Session 6: How to Communicate - Morse Code!
Session 7-8: LED Fantasy
Session 9-10: Building Your Own Inventions (DIY Guitar / LED Light Up Fashion)
Small Class (1 teacher to 5 students)
Hands-on, Project Based Learning
Taught in English, with Cantonese Terms if needed
Bring your own laptop with charger and pre-installed Google Chrome browser
Limited Computer laptops in case you need to borrow our laptops.
New Macbook Users may need to buy a connection cable for USB-C to USB.
Education Tools Used in this Camp:
BBC micro:bit + Sensor Kits
Microsoft MakeCode Coding Platform
Your own hardware inventions
Register to explore new digital creation world.
Venue: Prince Edward Blueinno or Online Zoom Platform
(Materials will be directly delivered to you)
5 lessons x 2hours (total 10 hours) - HK$3600