Blueinno Technologist Program
Make Your Own Apps (Age 9-12)
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:5
In this course, we will learn how to use MIT App Inventor to build different apps. We focus on learning coding with MIT App Inventor. At the end of the course, students should be able to understand all the basic user interface components, and We will build a bluetooth connected device that can be controlled by Apps Inventor
With the theme of Smart Home, students will create a series of utility apps and mobile games to solve real life problems. We will talk about UN goals, and let students brainstorm, build prototypes, models and apps that solve the global problems. Our target is to inspire students to create solutions that solve real life problem.
What You learn
Introduction to App Inventor
- Create your first App using App Inventor. Familiarise with user interface, components, properties and coding blocks of MIT App Inventor.
- Introduction to computer programming, understand basic logic，repeat loop, conditional statements, variables, etc.
Apps & Games Development
- By making different apps, students understand that app development consists of user interface(frontend) and Blocks Programming (backend)
- Students will learn different user interfaces, like horizontal/vertical arrangement, buttons, label, images, TextBox, etc.
- Students need to understand how to program (using blocks) to interact with the interface to make their desired apps.
- They will also able to use advanced functions, like apps notification.
Small Class, 1:5 teaching staff to students Ratio Guarantee
Hands-on, Project-based learning
Taught mainly in English (with Cantonese Terms when needed)
Bring your own laptop with charger and pre-installed Google Chrome browser
Bring Your Own Android Phone with MIT Apps Inventor Installed.
Projects Codes in App Inventor
Smart Arduino Box that can be controlled by your own Apps.
Attendance Certificate issued
Pitch your idea and make an app
Students' Apps (Uploaded to Google Play Store)
Online via Zoom
(Small Class, 2-4 students)
We are recruiting students for Spring Term (Apr - Jun)
Whatsapp us at 5540-5257 for the schedule.
Course Fee: HK$6000 (10 lessons, 1.5 hours/lesson)
Discount Fee: HK$5850
(Course Fee including all material cost, and you can take away your final projects)
Please note that:
- Maximum 3 make up classes per term.
- make up classes must be before the start of next term.
For New Students,
- New students can join the program in any class during the term time.