Make Your Own Apps (Age 9-12)
MIT App Inventor enables you to create your own Apps!
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
In this course, we will learn how to use MIT App Inventor to buld different apps. We focus on learning coding with MIT App Inventor. At the end of the course, students should be able to understand all the basic user interface components, and We will build a bluetooth connected device that can be controlled by Apps Inventor
With the theme of Smart Home, students will create a series of utility apps and mobile games to solve real life problems. We will talk about UN goals, and let students brainstorm, build prototypes, models and apps that solve the global problems. Our target is to inspire students to create solutions that solve real life problem.
What you learned
Lesson 1: Introduction to App Inventor
- Create your first App using App Inventor. Familiarise with user interface, components, properties and coding blocks of MIT App Inventor.
- Introduction to computer programming, understand basic logic，repeat loop, conditional statements, variables, etc.
Lesson 2-3: Apps & Games Development
- By making different apps, students understand that app development consists of user interface(frontend) and Blocks Programming (backend)
- Students will learn different user interfaces, like horizontal/vertical arrangement, buttons, label, images, TextBox, etc.
- Students need to understand how to program (using blocks) to interact with the interface to make their desired apps.
- They will also able to use advanced functions, like apps notification.
Lesson 4 - 5: Controlling Smart Box with Your Own Apps
- Understand concepts like iOT and smart home.
- Students focus on apps making, but will build a Bluetooth Connected Smart Lamp that can be controlled by Apps.
- Learned to use advanced computer programming concepts, like Lists, Connectivity (Bluetooth).
Small Class, 1:5 teaching staff to students Ratio Guarantee
Hands-on, Project-based learning
Taught mainly in English (with Cantonese Terms when needed)
Programming experience preferred but not a MUST
9 year old or below without any coding experience are recommended to take "Introduction to STEM" to get the basic concepts of coding and robotics.
Bring your own laptop with charger and pre-installed Google Chrome browser
Bring Your Own Android Phone with MIT Apps Inventor Installed.
Projects Codes in App Inventor
Smart Arduino Box that can be controlled by your own Apps.
Attendance Certificate issued
Register to build Your Own Apps
Students' Previous projects:
Green Uniform (for Technovation Challenge)
Schedule: 5 lessons x 2 hour (total 10 hours)
Course Fee: HK$3400
Course Schedule & Venue
上課時間 及 地點